Thursday, February 13, 2014

Starting the Amateur Blog


Well, here we are.  At the beginning.  I honestly can't think of the sole reason for wanting to start a blog.  To gain writing experience? Well, I have started and failed to complete three novels.  Family tradition?  I am the third blogger in my immediate family.  And one could make a compelling argument that I am also the worst. Could vanity be the reason? Maybe....actually that seems the most likely.

But I do know why I wanted to start this blog.  I wanted to try something new.  I wanted to post my experiences about trying new things that interested and intrigued me in hopes that it would encourage more.  More adventures, more experiences, more life's lessons, more blog posts....  I chose to name my blog "The Amateur Blog" for very specific reasons.

One, the term "Amateur" means;  A person who engages in an art, science, study, or athletic activity as a pastime rather than as a profession.  I want to do this and despite my dubious skills and intentions, I want to do it well.

Two, as a man that has no mastery in any skill (is eating a skill?), I chose something that I am very familiar with in most of my situations.  I am an amateur.

Three, I find the subject interesting.  Also, I couldn't really think of a good third reason, but ending it at two just didn't seem decisive enough.

So expect a new subject every week or so (fingers crossed).  As I might have led you to believe I have a full time job already, this is just for kicks.  So I hope you find this as entertaining to read as I found it to write.




No comments:

Post a Comment